Thursday, September 12, 2013

Love/Hate Week 2

Here is my Week 2 Love/Hate! Last week I did pretty well in my predictions. I only got four out of my ten predictions completely wrong. Julius Thomas was probably my boldest prediction and ended up paying off with 28 points in PPR format. I got Lamaar Miller very, very wrong and Steven Jackson had just an average week. Another prediction I thought I got decently wrong was with Garcon, who scored 16 which isn’t awful. So here is Week 2:
QB: Unless I want to go with Andrew Luck for two weeks in a row, which is a player I love this week along with Matt Ryan, but the best matchup for any quarterback has got to be Drew Brees against the Bucs, even though I am trying to avoid putting first round picks in this piece.
RB: Steven Jackson against his old team, the Rams, seems like a huge week for Jackson to me. Yes, I did pick Jackson last week and he only put up 16 points, but this week I really see the Falcons getting into the red zone a lot and pounding it in easily with Jackson a couple times.
RB: Matt Forte is a good choice this week against the Vikings who had problems with another good receiving back in Reggie Bush last week. Forte should get a couple receptions while getting into the end zone once or twice as well.
WR: Reggie Wayne against the Dolphins is a good pick. He is experienced and seems to be Luck’s safety net week in and week out. Wayne will have a solid week every week, but against a weak Miami defense, I see Wayne having a solid week.
WR: I like Dwayne Bowe this week against the Cowboys despite his weak 7 point showing last week. This week the Cowboys should put up more of a fight, forcing the Chiefs to rely on the pass more, and Bowe should end up being the top target in a competitive game like this one should be.
TE: I won’t do a love tight end this week. I think last week was the only week I’ll do it because I loved Julius Thomas so much, but now I don’t really see myself predicting a tight end having a big game. Tight ends are often used as safety blankets with an inexperienced passer and a great over-the-middle weapon for guys like Peyton Manning. Tight ends have trouble being consistent so they can break out any week, and if you don’t have a guy like Gronkowski (when he comes back obviously), Jimmy Graham, or Julius Thomas (all have the best quarterbacks in the league throwing to them… coincidence?), it’s really not a given that they will most likely have a solid game each week.
D/ST: I’m also done with predicting how a defense will do each week. Any team playing a bad quarterback is a good pick I guess….

Hate:
QB: I don’t see Cam Newton having a good week against the Bills. The Bills can create turnovers very well this season. Just look at what they did to one of the most efficient defenses in the Patriots with Tom Brady last week. I expect them to do it again with Cam Newton who throws a lot of interceptions.
RB: David Wilson is not going to have a big week. With Tom Coughlin not trusting him after his two fumbles last week I don’t see Wilson getting as many carries as your regular feature back this week. Plus, I can see this game being a shootout with Peyton keeping pace with his week one performance (obviously not 7 TD’s, but 300+ yards and 3+ touchdowns sounds reasonable) Eli will have to keep the game close by throwing more and Wilson will be excluded from the game.
WR: I reviewed all of the starting wide receivers in my league’s starting lineups for this week and I couldn’t find any really bad matchups. Every wide-out seems like there is upside to playing him. I don’t see a problem with the obvious starters this week.

So there are my Love/Hate players for Week 2. I was pretty good last week so I expect to be decent this week as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment