Thursday, September 19, 2013

Love/ Hate- Week 3.

Oh NFL, you are so good to me. You're so good to every one of your loyal fans and in week 2, you were much more practical than week 1. I also must praise you for proving me right with my predictions of DeAndre Hopkins, who hoisted 114 yards and a touchdown, as well as my predictions of Jermichael Finley and Julius Thomas who each found their ways into the end zone. Who would of guessed I would be right by saying the defense that plays Jacksonville would have a good week? Shocking, I know. Oakland held the Jags to a weak 9 points and less than 250 yards offensively. The Jaguars have scored a total of 11 points through 2 weeks and at this point, I'd have to believe they'd lose to the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Although my love picks were hit and miss my eye for hatred was spot on. Colin Kaepernick shat the bed and Josh Freeman didn't impress in a loss to New Orleans. Ryan Mathews was... Ryan Mathews. It only took Giovani Bernard 2 weeks to show up Benjarvus Green-Ellis in Cincinnati, and The Law Firm wasn't a good fantasy play Monday night against Pittsburgh. Jerome Simpson proved he's still not a reliable option and was a no-show in week 2 as well. The Redskins got blown to smithereens by the Packers' high octane offense led by Aaron Rodgers and amassed a whopping -4 points. You could say I called it. So let's see what I can do this week in my week 3 rendition of the Love-Hate List!

Love:

QB- Cam Newton, CAR
The Giants have been in shootouts in each of the first two weeks. For whatever reason I expect that trend to continue, so based on what is a big gut call for me, start Newton this week. Carolina is looking to avoid an 0-3 start and they're desperate. So give Newton the nod.

QB- Eli Manning, NYG
The Giants have been in shootouts in each of the first two weeks. Hmm... this seems familiar to me for some reason. Disregard the fact that Eli is leading the league in interceptions through two games. The Giants are 0-2 against a shaky Panthers pass defense that gave up nearly 300 yards to Buffalo rookie EJ Manuel last week. Manning knows they can't slump to an 0-3 hole and he'll show up, count on it.

QB- Russell Wilson, SEA
The Seahawks are playing Jacksonville this week. Court dismissed, bring in the dancing lobsters.

Running backs this year are more frustrating than trying to understand women. Nevertheless, i must battle on and try my best to predict who will have good games this week at running back. Here goes:

RB- Alfred Morris, WAS
He's under-produced the first couple of weeks but this week against a 31st ranked Detroit run defense I see him going off. The Redskins won the NFC East last year and are facing an 0-3 start if they don't show up this week at home against the Lions. If not now, when?

RB- Darren Sproles, NO
The unsung hero of PPR leagues, Sproles is the only back I can think of that can rush for a mere 26 yards and still pull 11 points out of oblivion. In a game that could either be 14-10 or 42-35 I see Sproles going off. Start him.

RB- Chris Johnson, TEN
He has yet to find the endzone but hasn't shown any 2012 aspects of being a total dud yet. Rushing for an average of 83 yards a game he's on pace for a solid 1300 yard season. Assuming he scores some touchdowns along the way I like him a lot this year. The Chargers defense has already given up 333 yards to opposing running backs so Johnson has a legit shot at breaking out this week. Start him.

WR- Victor Cruz, NYG
You want some chips to go with that salsa?

WR- DeAndre Hopkins, HOU
Two weeks in a row might be greedy but hey, he proved me right last week with a stellar showing against Tennessee. Andre Johnson is banged up so give the kid a start, he's earned it coach. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy.

WR- Eric Decker, DEN
This is a true gut call. But his quarterback has a bionic neck and his team is playing the Raiders. If Welker and the Thomas brothers get their shares of love from Manning then Decker will be a red-zone target as always. Start any Bronco receiver this week and you'll be having a good time.

TE- Jordan Cameron, CLE
Well, with Richardson gone what else do they have? Minnesota has already given up 3 TD's to opposing tight ends so Cameron is a reliable option this week. He should be just about the only Brown you're willing to start this week.

TE- Rob Gronkowski, NE
IF, and only if, he plays. If he plays and you start him you'll be a happy camper. The Pats receiving core has looked awfully shaky the first two weeks and he'll be Brady's savior for sure.

D/ST- MIN
I mean all they have to worry about is Trent Ri.... wait, what? Nevermind. Cleveland has given up the most sacks in the league so far and without a legitimate running back option I can't see that improving.

D/ST- SEA
They play Jacksonville this week. It's fair to expect 30 points from them. The sad part is that isn't an exaggeration in the slightest.

The Hate List:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
The Steelers have been anything but impressive this season. It's been ugly and I don't see it getting any better this weekend against a good Chicago Defense.

QB- Sam Bradford, STL
He's been one of the prettier ladies at the party so far this year, but against an opportunistic Dallas D that forced the Giants into 6 turnovers week one I just can't see it.

RB- Trent Richardson, IND
Welcome to Indianapolis! Here's the playbook, you got two days. Get ready to suit up, we play San Francisco this week buddy!
LOL, no. Have fun this week, Trent.

RB- Maurice Jones Drew, JAX
So you see, there's this thing called Seattle's Defense. And they make me not want to start anyone on the Jaguars offense this week. Not if I was in a 16 team league that made me start 4 running backs. Not if i had the choice to start MJD or Kevin Faulk. Faulk retired 3 years ago. Not if my life depended on it, would I start MJD this week.

WR- Cecil Shorts, JAX
Hello Mr. Shorts, meet the bench.

WR- DeSean Jackson, PHI
He was huge last week and he and Vick are proving to be quite the tandem in Chip Kelly's new offense. But against a good Chiefs D with Brandon Flowers covering him this week I can't see it happening again for Jackson. Sorry to disappoint.

WR- Eddie Royal, SD
He's been a touchdown guru the first 2 weeks. For whatever reason I just see that being limited against the Titans this week. Prove me wrong, Eddie.

TE- Brent Celek, PHI
Just two catches in two weeks says it all. Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

D/ST- CIN
I personally dropped them this week. Playing the Packers, no defense is safe. Start them if you're feeling ballsy, I mean I'm not going to... but you can feel free.

Good luck to all and happy week 3! We'll be seeing you next week my dear friends.










No comments:

Post a Comment