Thursday, September 19, 2013

Love/Hate Week 3

That trade I said was happening – Stevan Ridley and Rashard Mendanhall for Jordy Nelson did not happen. The guy I was trading with picked up Bernard Pierce instead and decided to keep his stud wide receiver and not make the worst trade of his life, despite agreeing to it before.

I’m going to try to do a little more in this piece from now on by talking about a couple more players and going a bit more in depth about them.
Last week was pretty interesting! Stevan Ridley was a flop again, Michael Vick went OFF, Tom Brady was disappointing yet again, Eddie Royal kept up his production, and Demaryius Thomas looked like a completely different player. So here’s what I think will happen this week in fantasy.
Love:
Every quarterback in the NFL can have a great week if he plays a lot! The NFL is becoming more and more of a passing league every season and that means more points in fantasy for QB’s. Last week with Aaron Rodgers and Michael Vick having 40+ point games we know that QB’s will be the highest scorers by far this season.

QB: Eli Manning will have a big week. Don’t be scared away by his league leading interceptions. He is playing the Panthers this week! He’s going to have a ton of yards and I predict he throws at least three touchdowns this week. I said I’d go more in depth this week for each player but what else can I really say? The Panthers! Eli will be a stud this week.

QB: I can see Alex Smith having a solid week. He doesn't turn the ball over and with this game possibly being a shootout, Smith will have to throw the ball. With the Eagles allowing the 3rd most points this season I can see Smith putting up a few touchdowns and a ton of yards.

QB: Phillip Rivers is going to have a solid week. The Chargers are throwing the ball a lot, and against a weak defense in Tennessee I see Rivers having a great game. Especially with Eddie Royal and Antonio Gates looking to stay hot I see the Chargers and Phillip Rivers going off this week. Rivers has had solid weeks so far, but I see him putting up 30+ points this week (BOLD PREDICTION OF THE WEEK).

Running backs! Wow do I hate running backs in fantasy football. Is it possible to find two good ones on a consistent basis? If I could just play all wide receivers I would be ecstatic. Running backs this season are so inconsistent so I hate them all. I’ll still do some love guys but really it’s a toss-up and I’ll probably be wrong on half of them.

RB: Darren Sproles is going to have a great week. He is one of the guys I love every week because he catches the ball. Last week he only had 26 rushing yards and still put up 11 points! Against Arizona last week, Reggie Bush had three catches for 44 yards before he left the game with knee injury. If Sproles plays the whole game on Sunday I see him having a huge game.

RB: Knowshon Moreno is going to play well this week even without Ryan Clady. In fact, I think Clady’s injury may help Moreno. I could see the Broncos running towards the left side more to give the new guy some confidence and I also think Moreno will be on the field more because he’s a good pass protector and the Broncos will need that.

RB: This one may be a bit of a stretch, but I like Jason Snelling. While averaging 32.8 receptions a season in his career he will catch some passes this week. He’ll be on the field way more than he has been for his whole career this week with Steven Jackson out, so I see Snelling catching a bunch of passes as check-downs and I predict he gets into the end-zone once as well.

WR: Desean Jackson is going to have another huge week! Why? Because he’s on my team and I love him! He’s the best fantasy wide-out right now and he’s going to continue that against the Chiefs. He’s going to have a good week no matter what he does. If he doesn’t get into the end zone this week I think he’ll have over 100 yards and about 12 receptions, or he could catch two touchdown passes and that will be about it. Either way I love this guy and I see him keeping this pace up for a loooong time.

WR: Dwayne Bowe is going to have a big week. This is partly because I think Alex Smith will be great this week as well. I mean, who else does Smith have to throw to? Bowe’s going to have to get a touchdown or two to keep the Chiefs in the game, and since he’s Smith’s top target I see him getting at least seven catches for over 80 yards to add onto that. Big week for Bowe.

WR: Pierre Garcon could put up big numbers this week. Even though the Redskins offense has looked terrible so far they are great when they’re down big. Against Detroit and they’re very good offense I could see the Redskins playing catch-up all game, which means RGIII throwing to his best receiver.

TE: Yes, I’m doing a tight end this week. Since I’m not too hot on Eddie Royal catching another two or three touchdown passes again this week (he’s hurting as well), I think Antonio Gates will give us a blast from the past this week. He’s going to be Rivers’ top target and he’ll have to find the end zone along with about eight catches and 75 yards to keep the Chargers in the game.

Hate:
I hate a lot of guys in fantasy this week. I had trouble writing this part last week, but this week I’m having trouble figuring out which running backs I hate more. Can I put them all in here?

QB: I don’t like Peyton Manning this week. I think he’ll get hit more than usual, they’ll run more, and they’ll get up big early, which leads to more running. Manning will have a solid game, but not in terms of fantasy. And, honestly, I think Manning will have a solid week if he was an average QB. Even though he’s the best fantasy player this season, I don’t think he’ll play like it this week.

RB: Trent Richardson will not know what is going on in Indianapolis this week. He won’t know the blocking schemes, the plays, or have any chemistry with Andrew Luck. Eventually he’ll be great for the Colts, but on such short notice I can’t see Richardson playing much, and even if he does I don’t see him doing much except looking confused a lot.

WR: I hate Antonio Brown this week against Chicago. They’re too good on defense and I really just can’t see anyone on the Steelers producing.

That’s all I’ve got this week. I’ll be back next week with another Love/Hate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment