Saturday, October 12, 2013

Love/Hate Week 6

I know this is really late but I was super busy this week and I’m just going to bang this out real quick with just a few guys. So here we go:
Quarterbacks I Love:
                QB: Ben Rothlisberger is going to have to show up this week to get his first win against the Jets. The lowly Steelers are going to win sometime this season and I think against the Jets is their best chance. Rothlisberger is going to have to do something right to force his team into the win column this week.
                QB: Tom Brady will have to throw the ball a lot against the Saints and I like his chances with finally having figured out his receivers. He’ll look like his old self by tearing the Saints defense apart this week.
                QB: Sam Bradford will play well against a tough Texans defense because his O-line is heating up and finally giving him some protection. In this Rams win, Bradford’s going to find the end zone multiple times.
Running Backs I Love:
RB: Pierre Thomas is going to give the Patriots some serious trouble this week without Wilfork there to clog up the middle. Thomas isn’t even the Saints first running back but he is their runner and I can see him playing a lot if the Pats can find a way to slow down the pass offense somehow.
                RB: Darren Sproles is also a running back I love because of the attention the linebackers are going to have to give to Jimmy Graham. I think the Patriots goal against the Saints is going to be to shut down Jimmy Graham and if that happens, with some extra attention going his way, it will leave the flats and other short-running back-routes wide open to Sproles.
                RB: I’m going to stray away from the Saints v. Pats game and go with Knowshon Moreno because he’s so consistent and he is playing the Jaguars. The Jaguars. Enough said.
                RB: Chris Johnson is going to have a good week. He’s matched up against an intimidating Seahawks defense. A Seahawks defense that is actually somewhat deceiving. They are only the 19th best rush defense in the NFL this season, allowing 109 yards per game on the ground. We’ll see how CJ2K can stack up against a shaky run defense.
Wide Receivers I Love:
                WR: Torrey Smith is looking good every week but I think he’ll go off against a weak Packers D.
                WR: Jordy Nelson will rack up some good points for you because he’s playing a Ravens defense that allows the 13th most points to opposing wide receivers. Also, another stat to prove Nelson is at least going to be put in the position to score a lot; he’s always on the field. He was on the field for 64 of 67 of last week’s snaps for the Packers.
                WR: ANY BRONCOS RECEIVER
                WR: Pierre Garcon is playing a terrible secondary in the Dallas Cowboys that have allowed 30 receptions and 356 yards in the last two weeks to opposing wide receivers. Garcon is licking his lips at this matchup.
Tight Ends I Love:
                TE: Julius Thomas is a Broncos receiver. And yeah I put in the top fantasy tight end this week but how can I not love Thomas this week with what is predicted to be one of the biggest blowouts in NFL history.
                TE: Jason Witten seems to be a big part of every close game for the Cowboys. With this Cowboys v. Redskins game looking like it could be a great one, I like Witten this week.
                TE: Yes I know, 3 tight ends! This is a bit of a bold prediction though. Scott Chandler is going to be Chad Lewis’ security blanket this week because Lewis is a practice squad QB, not an NFL one.
Defenses I love this week:
                D/ST: Go pick up the Titans defense because they’re only owned in a quarter of leagues right now and they’re the third highest scoring defense this season with 11 turnovers thus far.
                D/ST: Cardinals defense will fare well against a struggling Kaepernick and I can see Patrick Peterson going crazy this week.
On to people I hate this week.
Quarterbacks I really, strongly, dislike this week:
                QB: Eli Manning. I know he already played this week but who knows, he may still have an interception in him before next week.
                QB: Collin Kaepernick will look awful this week against a pretty good Cardinals defense that has Patrick Peterson.
                QB: Matt Shaub is on the same level as Eli Manning. Almost. I mean how someone can be that bad is beyond me.
Running Backs that are going to have bad games:
                RB: If you haven’t figured out to bench Trent Richardson, yes, even if you wasted your first round pick on him, then you really should take my advice and do so. Maybe even drop him. He’s worthless in fantasy.
                RB: Doug Martin’s getting too many touches and against the Eagles who will be having a rough game without Vick, he’ll be exhausted. Somewhat of a bold prediction.
I don’t really hate any other running backs, but what baffles me is that Maurice Jones-Drew is owned in 100% of leagues, but Pierre Thomas is only owned in 32.2% even though Thomas has scored 29 more points than MJD.
Wide Receivers that won’t see enough action this week:
                WR: Anquan “So Strong” Boldin won’t play well because his quarterback can’t really get him the ball effectively.
                WR: Nate Washington is matched up against the third best pass defense in the NFL. More specifically, he’s matched up against Richard Sherman who is a beast.
                WR: Denarious Moore is matched up with Brandon Flowers and is really the Raiders only weapon on offense. The Chiefs shut down Moore with Flowers and probably a safety over the top and Moore won’t even see a target.
Tight Ends I’m not in favor of in Week 6:
                TE: I’m very tempted to go with Jimmy Graham because of Bill Belichick, but I have a feeling the Saints will find a way to get him the ball anyway. So, I’m going with Brent Celek because why not.
Defenses I really, really, really hate this week:
                D/ST: The Jaguars are awful. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment