Thursday, October 3, 2013

Love/Hate Week 5

So I was notoriously average last week. Only two of my six love picks scored over 16 points, and none of my hate picks had less than 12, but no more than 16. So this week I’ll try to be bolder, most likely make worse picks, but we’ll see how it goes anyway.
Love:
QB: Tony Romo is going to be behind most of the game so he’s going to have to throw the ball more than usual. The running game will be non-existent. Since Romo has only thrown one interception I think he’ll keep the ball safe this week and rack up the yards in garbage time.
QB: I’m gonna go with Terrell Pryor here because I want to. I need a bold prediction so here it is.

RB: Chris Johnson is going to get the ball a lot with Ryan Fitzpatrick starting at quarterback this week. In Buffalo Fitzpatrick threw a lot of screens and also I can see a lot of check-downs coming this week because Fitzy is going to have trouble moving the ball without CJ2K.
RB: Giovani Bernard will play very well this week with the absence of Vince Wilfork clogging up the middle for the Patriots. I think Bernard can get into the end zone and will have success running up the middle for a lot of short gains.
                RB: Here’s my bold prediction. Fred Jackson will be EJ Manuel’s savior this week when I see him struggling against the Browns. Jackson will score twice in the red zone.

                WR: Calvin Johnson Jr. is going to get the ball a ton this week against Green Bay because their secondary isn’t great and Stafford is going to need him to stay in the game. Also I did say I’m not going to put top five wide receivers in this and I’m not. Megatron is the 7th ranked wide receiver right now in my league.
                WR: Josh Gordon is going up against a depleted Buffalo secondary and he’ll thrive. With Brian Hoyer finally being a solid starter (so far… it is the Browns so something will go wrong) Gordon will get the ball plenty this week and probably find the end zone.
                WR: Bold prediction: DeSean Jackson. The Giants are going to find a way to lose this week and I think it’ll be because of Jackson. They really should pay a lot of attention to him since he’s the Eagles biggest threat, but he’s going to go off anyway.

                No tight end this week folks, sorry.
Hate:
                QB: EJ Manuel is playing a solid Cleveland defense this week. Also, I think it’s about time for the Bills to start tanking. However, I do think the Bills will win because their defense will keep them in it.
                RB:  Trent Richardson won’t have a good game for a couple reasons. First off, it’s going to be a shootout against Seattle so he won’t get the ball a lot. Second, he is playing the best defense in the NFL in the Seahawks so he is going to have trouble with that.
My opinion on Richardson is that we all know he isn’t a huge part of the Colts offense and he hasn’t played well so far, but anyone that picked him has to play him because he’s a first round pick. I know I’d still start him because his upside is way too high and you’ve got to expect him to break out eventually, but this week it won’t happen against the Seahawks.
                WR: AJ Green. Two words. Talib Island.


That’s all this week folks. I’m busy during this week so I probably won’t be back until the next Love/Hate. I hope this week is a bit better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment